Looking for more ?

Use Search feature or Check the ‘ Table of Contents ‘ for entire list 🙏

Mindfulness meditation - full of your mind ?





There is a lot of talk today about Mindfulness Meditation. 


Many books have been written on this subject, many seminars and articles are available all over the world and many people talk about it or read about it and try to practice it at home by themselves. But what does it really mean? It surely does not mean being full of your mind ( i.e. your ego or thoughts ).

Well, we know that it means the opposite, that is being without thoughts, and hence 
mindfulness is being without the mind or thinking mind.

The problem is - how do we do this? How to stop thinking? When we think of the thoughts and try to stop the thought, that itself is a thought and, more dangerously, that thought in itself is more stressful!

The answer is 
AWARENESS.



How to practice this awareness ?  
Today, I will just give you one method which I myself try to practice during meditation.  It actually comprises of two parts.  One part is a kind of visualization and other part is the reality of our breath or living our being alive.

Whenever a thought comes in my mind , I can think of it as an island or a cloud or even a bubble floating around. Lets say I am trying to meditate and a thought comes about some email that I was supposed to respond , or something that happened at work , or some social media post that I did not like or something like that I think of it as an isolated thing as a cloud or a bubble in the sky. I think that the sky is very very big , the universe is very very big and this is just a small thing floating around. This incident, or comment, or feeling is so insignificant compared to the vastness of the Universe ! 
I would immediately come back to the broader Awareness.

Then I focus on the breath.

The breath connects us to the reality of living. It connects us to the environment as without it we would be dead in 30 seconds or so. 


I want to keep this article short and if you are beginning meditation or are having problems with your meditation or even just getting distracted, I hope you can try this.

Thanks for your time.  Best wishes.