Looking for more ?

Use Search feature or Check the ‘ Table of Contents ‘ for entire list 🙏

Some thoughts and observations - during my trip to India in 2018

< to be updated , continued … >

Some thoughts and observations - during my trip to India in 2018

Thought #1.

Talking to the older generations -you realize the common theme of the degradation in the value system. No, it is not that the older generations are complaining about good old days which many disregard, but what I am talking about is my own personal observation!!! ( and I do like to observe people and cultures).

I don't know what exactly may have created this but in general lying, cheating, cursing people, being mean and rude is a norm now on the streets. People think you are a fool if you are honest.. I think you can relate.. People think they are smart when they bypass the system or bypass the problems of the common man by throwing money..

Don't you think that is sad??

Watch some old movies or read about their lives..

I would like to ask folks from India, for example - how many times have you stood up against paying a bribe to get a driver's license or a traffic violation or a train ticket, . List goes on.. That's where the cycle can be broken... if at every step we have the courage to do what is right...

But its not easy, sometimes impossible, because the other guy can be very strong. So instead of confronting directly some other way around has to be found, like exposing the corruption in a tactful way somehow.

.

Thought #2.

When I posted on Facebook that customer service in India sucks.

Some folks started bashing me saying since I grew up in India and got my education in India that I should not complain about India.

I feel i always have the right to complain whether I grew up here or not. I have the right to complain (or post on FB) either about India or about the US and it should not matter as it is my point of view.