Looking for more ?

Use Search feature or Check the ‘ Table of Contents ‘ for entire list 🙏

My Movie World ...when growing up ...

I grew up in India, in a middle class family.  My father was a doctor. An eye surgeon, but most of his life he worked for the Government of India at the Steel Plant Main Hospital in Bhilai.  My parents were very very strict about studies, traditional culture and arts, moral values like  honesty  , integrity and so on.... 

I was a REBEL in the family.  Movies were not really welcome in our house. I would always try to sneak and watch Bollywood or Hollywood movies.


My parents would take us to movies sometimes  and the average in the first few years of my life was approximately 1 or 2 movies per year !!


Being a rebel, when I turned 13 or 14 , I started going out on my own to watch movies.
Some of those first movies that I watched all by myself all engrossed and all "wow".   The first few movies as I can recall now are as follows.
Hum Kisise Kum Nahin in 1978 starring Rishi Kapoor  and to top it it was a musical primarily all my favorites in one package.... all R D Burman music with Kishore Kumar and  Lata Mangeshkar and Asha  Bhonsle and Md Rafi .
Muquaddar Ka Sikandar also in 1978 starring Big B i.e Amitabh Bachchan. This was the first Bachchan movie that I saw, immediately made me his fan.  The glamour the charisma the 'wow' !
To be continued .....